Refugee Sponsorship Training Program

Font resize

Specific Forms & Resources

Find information about specific resources and application processes below. For information on guides to settlement and resources in a specific province, please click here.



Social Insurance Number (SIN) is needed to work, open a bank account and file taxes in Canada.


Interim Federal Health (IFH) Program provides supplemental health coverage to refugees in Canada during the sponsorship period. Apply by visiting your local IRCC office.

Provincial Health Coverage

Return to top


Canada Child Benefit (CCB) is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under age 18. For more information about the CCB and related provincial programs, please download the Canada Revenue publication Canada Child Benefit and Related Provincial and Territorial Programs.

GST/HST Credit Application for Individuals Who Become Residents of Canada

T4055 Newcomers to Canada is a Canada Revenue Agency publication which provides information about the taxation system in Canada, and the GST/HST credit for newcomers.

Frequently Asked Questions about income tax returns.

Return to top


Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) provides free full- and part-time English and French language courses to adult newcomers who are permanent residents. An assessment at a Language Assessment Centre is required before enrolling. Most LINC providing organizations also offer transportation allowances and child minding/care. LINC is not available in British Columbia, Manitoba or Quebec where provincial language programs for newcomers exist. To find a LINC program in your community, please contact your closest settlement agency.

English Services for Adults (ELSA) is a provincially funded program in British Columbia which provides basic and intermediate English training for permanent residents 17 years of age and older. Please contact your closest settlement agency for more details.

Return to top


Job Bank is a government run website that lists available job postings across Canada. It also provides information on local job markets and employment prospects for specific jobs in regions across the country.

Return to top


Housing for Newcomers provides multilingual housing information to help newcomers make decisions and find safe and affordable housing. The website includes videos on renting an apartment and buying a home, as well as tip sheets in various languages.

Renting your first home in Canada: What newcomers need to know (produced by the Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation)

The Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation is the Government of Canada’s national housing agency. It provides information on renting a home, including tenant rights and responsibilities.

Return to top