BVOR Training & Events
Welcome to your sponsorship journey! REQUEST A TRAINING SESSION
If you are new to refugee sponsorship, we highly encourage you to follow the recommended training steps below to participate in the BVOR Sponsorship Program.
This type of community sponsorship is for folks who want to provide support to refugees globally, but do not currently know anyone to sponsor. This unique program matches potential sponsors with refugees who have already been accepted for resettlement to Canada. *
Please note, refugees cannot be referred to the BVOR program. The selection is done by the UN Refugee Agency and the Federal Government of Canada (IRCC).
1. Getting Started!
Watch our orientation video – learn how community refugee sponsorship works in Canada.
Join an upcoming live Q & A orientation session. Don’t see one ? Request an orientation.
Upcoming Sessions: None scheduled at this time. Check back later.
2. Workshops & Webinars!
Upcoming BVOR Sessions | LIVE
We are thrilled to share that our upcoming BVOR Program webinars and training sessions are now open for registration!
Don’t miss out on these invaluable opportunities to expand your knowledge and make a meaningful impact. Here’s what’s in store:
Unlocking the Potential: Exploring the BVOR Program in Depth: Gain valuable insights into a crucial aspect of the Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) program. These informative session will delve into specific areas of the program, providing a comprehensive understanding of its intricacies and impact. Whether you are a sponsor, a refugee, or simply interested in learning more about the BVOR program, these webinars are an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and engage with experts in the field.
3. Other Useful Resources & Learning
4. Ready to Match? Learn about the BVOR Matching Database.
- Visit the Public BVOR page where the redacted profiles currently available for matching are displayed.
- Click the “Register” button. Please note, there is a screening process and both qualified and unqualified sponsors will receive a confirmation email once a decision is made.
- To learn how to place a hold and to confirm a match, watch our Matching Database Orientation Video (coming soon), or read our written instructions in the meantime. If you’re more of a tactile learner, request a Matching Database live orientation session at email@example.com