BVOR Training & Events
Welcome to your sponsorship journey! REQUEST A TRAINING SESSION
If you are new to refugee sponsorship, we highly encourage you to follow the recommended training steps below to participate in the BVOR Sponsorship Program.
This type of community sponsorship is for folks who want to provide support to refugees globally, but do not currently know anyone to sponsor. This unique program matches potential sponsors with refugees who have already been accepted for resettlement to Canada. *
Please note, refugees cannot be referred to the BVOR program. The selection is done by the UN Refugee Agency and the Federal Government of Canada (IRCC).
1. Getting Started!
Watch our orientation video – learn how community refugee sponsorship works in Canada.
Join an upcoming live Q & A orientation session. Don’t see one ? Request an orientation.
Upcoming Sessions: None scheduled at this time. Check back later.
2. Workshops & Webinars!
Upcoming BVOR Sessions | LIVE
We are thrilled to share that our upcoming BVOR Program webinars and training sessions are now open for registration!
Don’t miss out on these invaluable opportunities to expand your knowledge and make a meaningful impact. Here’s what’s in store:
BVOR Pre-Arrival Orientation: Ready to Welcome Refugees: Get ready for your sponsored refugees’ arrival with essential guidance. Discover support networks, connect with other sponsors, and learn from their experiences.
Note: Those interested should contact our BVOR Worker (Paula Marshall). Groups that have recently matched will also be contacted
➡️ November 28th, 12:00 PM ET
Introduction to Joint Assistance Sponsorship Program: Creating Safe and Inclusive Communities: Discover the unique partnership between Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Constituent Groups (CGs), and Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to support vulnerable refugees with special needs during their settlement journey in Canada. Learn about the JAS program’s vital role in providing a safe and inclusive environment for refugees with complex integration needs.
Note: This sessions is limited to Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs) and Constituent Groups (CGs)
Unlocking Opportunities: Introduction to the Blended Visa Office Referred (BVOR) Program: Join us for an insightful and empowering webinar, where you will discover how you can become a catalyst for positive change through refugee sponsorship.
3. Other Useful Resources & Learning
4. Ready to Match? Learn about the BVOR Matching Database.
- Visit the Public BVOR page where the redacted profiles currently available for matching are displayed.
- Click the “Register” button. Please note, there is a screening process and both qualified and unqualified sponsors will receive a confirmation email once a decision is made.
- To learn how to place a hold and to confirm a match, watch our Matching Database Orientation Video (coming soon), or read our written instructions in the meantime. If you’re more of a tactile learner, request a Matching Database live orientation session at email@example.com