All About Submitting Forms
In order to sponsor a refugee or refugee family, the Canadian sponsor must complete and submit paperwork, which allows both the Resettlement Operations Centre in Ottawa (ROC-O) and the Canadian Visa Post overseas to process the case. The main application forms are the same for Sponsorship Agreement Holders (SAHs), Community Sponsors (CS) and Groups of Five (G5) however some forms are different depending on the type of sponsoring group, the type of sponsorship, and the refugee applicant’s country of origin and country of asylum.
Undertaking/Application to Sponsor IMM 5373
Sponsor Assessment IMM 5492
Application for Convention Refugees Abroad and Humanitarian-Protected Persons Abroad (IMM 6000):
- General Application Form Additional Dependants/Declaration, if needed
- Schedule A Background/Declaration
- Schedule 2 Refugees Outside Canada
- Any supplementary forms
SAH/CG – IMM 5440
G5 – IMM 5373A
CS – IMM 5515
G5 only – IMM 5373B
Document Checklist IMM 5437
- Use of a Representative
- Refugee Profile Request
CS and G5-specific Documents
Photocopied proof of identity
- PR status IMM1000/5292 or PR card, or
- Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, or Canadian citizenship card.
Proof of income
- Proof of bank or trust account holding funds
- Most recent T4 or Notice of Assessment
- Most recent T1 or letter from accountant confirming annual income, if self-employed
- Proof of income from other sources including pension and investment income, etc.
Proof of refugee status recognition by either the state or the UNHCR in the country of asylum (e.g. Mandate letter certificate).