What Should You Do If You Are Being Mistreated, Exploited Or Abused?
If you believe that you are being mistreated or exploited by your sponsors, please contact IRCC immediately at IRCC.INPSR-PPPRRI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. There are many examples of mistreatment and exploitation, including:
- being threatened;
- being forced to give sponsors money;
- not being allowed to leave the house;
- being forced to work;
- being forced to do things that you are not comfortable doing.
For any serious or urgent matters, contact the police. If it is an emergency, dial 911 for immediate assistance. Urgent matters include (but are not limited to):
- if someone is being violent towards you or your family;
- if you fear that someone will be violent towards you or your family;
- if you are experiencing any abuse, including physical or sexual abuse.