Latest Update from IRCC – Changes to Application Submissions and Processing at CPO-W
As of August 18, 2016, the temporary facilitative measures previously put in place at CPO-W for Syrian and Iraqi PSR applications have now been changed. Additionally, some of the special measures that were been in place have been expanded as best practices for all sponsored populations and all sponsoring groups (SAHs, Groups of Five and Community Sponsors).
Please read below for a message from IRCC outlining these changes.
This is to inform you that some of the temporary facilitative measures previously put in place for Syrian and Iraqi applications have now changed, namely that those applications will no longer be prioritized at CPO-W and will resume a First in First Out (FIFO) processing method.
Some of the special measures have been expanded as best practices. Effective immediately, the following measures will apply to all sponsored populations:
- CPO-W will accept emailed applications from SAHs, G5s and CS groups for all populations.
- CPO-W will accept scanned refugee signatures on the IMM6000 (IMM0008, Schedules 2 and A) forms for all populations, and will accept digital photos; client photographs will be collected overseas for PR card purposes.
- CPOW will accept scanned sponsor signatures on the Undertaking, Settlement Plan, Sponsor Assessment form, Financial Profile, and proof of funds (Letter from employer, funds held in trust).
Incomplete applications for all refugee populations may be returned to sponsors (SAH, G5, CS) if the information provided is inadequate/missing.
Only one application should be sent within one email. Multiple applications within one email will be returned.
Instructions for e-mailed applications:
To facilitate the receipt and identification of applications emailed to CPO-W, sponsors are requested to separate the application into six separate email attachments within the one email:
- Sponsor documents. Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name – Sponsor documents”
- IMM008 & IMM008 DEP (if applicable). Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name – IMM008”
- Schedule A, Schedule 2, use of rep forms. Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name – Schedules”
- Refugee photos. Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name Refugee – Photos”
- Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name – Passports”
- Supporting documentation. Name this file: “PA LAST NAME, First Name – Supporting documentation”
Sponsors must ensure that the scanned documents submitted to CPO-W are legible. Also, the 2D barcodes on the IMM008 form must be of sufficient quality that they can be read by our barcode scanners. Emailed applications with poor quality scans will be returned to sponsors with a request to re-submit application via mail.
Please note that CPO-W is unable to open ZIP files and they will therefore be returned as incomplete. For ease of processing and transferring electronic files to overseas missions, CPO-W requests that files be sent in 5MB or less segments if possible. Information may be provided in multiple emails if required.
If sending an application in by email, please DO NOT also submit a paper copy of the application by mail. This causes confusion and takes staff away from processing.